Hi, my name is Jody. I am best friends with my beloved oven, Edna, but more about that precious lady later.
I am most comfortable in my kitchen with a cookbook open, wearing an apron, surrounded by bacon, cheese, and chocolate. I love feeding people and usually have a cake in my hands when I walk out of the house; hosting parties and entertaining is in my blood. I wear my biggest smile when my home is full of guests that are laughing, sharing, and eating.
Some important facts about me you need to know
- I am a self-taught, Mama taught, and cookbook taught cook.
- I am a Southern cook. A born and bred Mississippi gal that was transplanted to Florida.
- I am an old-fashioned wearer of aprons. Love them. Aprons are an extension of my body.
- I love to celebrate tea parties, brides, babies, birthdays, friends, and family.
- One very important fact about me, I don’t do mayonnaise. Never, ever, ever! That stuff is nasty!! You will never find one recipe with mayonnaise on my blog.
- I am a tea lover and a coffee addict.
- I cannot breathe without bacon, cheese, and chocolate. Bacon makes me happy, cheese completes me, and chocolate makes me twirl.
- I love Tom Jones….yes, THAT Tom Jones. I have loved him since I was 10 years old. I will remain forever faithful to him.
- I have a cookbook addiction. My family is planning an intervention. The books are breeding on their own and taking over the bookshelves.
The three most important things in my life
- I love my family and they love me. One husband, three punks, and one daughter-in-law.
My crew: the hubs, boys, baby girl, and daughter-in-law Shannan. I can never seem to get them all rounded up at the same time!
**Just a little side note: My punks nicknamed their sweet daddy Sir Streusel several years ago. Just a little something I felt you needed to know when you read the name. You also need to know that he is very, very cute. I also have a crush on him.
I love my girls, Stella and Paloma. They take care of me and love me unconditionally.
I love Jesus. He died on the cross for my sins so that I may have eternal life. Every day is another day to serve and glorify Him.
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.