All you have to do is step inside any store and you will immediately find that it is Pumpkin Spice season everywhere! Now don’t get me wrong, I am a full blow Pumpkin Spice Latte addict. I get one almost, almost, everyday. My day revolves around getting my Pumpkin Spice fix. But, Pumpkin Spice cough drops….uhm….not today….not ever.
I have this gorgeous fall pumpkin pan from Williams and Sonoma that was urgently needing to bake some bread. I have never ‘baked bread from a bag’, but this mix was sooooo good! Don’t hestitate to try Williams Sonoma bread mixes. They are delicious!
After I baked this bread loaf, I was on to Pumpkin Mini Cakes.
In a large bowl, I mixed orange zest, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice together.
I love one-bowl baking!
You can also bake this in a !0-inch bundt pan. I just think the mini bundts are so cute!
The recipe is easy, really easy, these come together in minutes. They are also gone within minutes!
Now, I have to leave to go get my pumpkin spice latte fix so I can eat my mini bundt cake!
Jody and Edna
- 1 orange
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour individual mini bundt pan.
- Remove 2 teaspoons zest and squeeze juice from orange. Set juice aside.
- In a large bowl combine orange zest, eggs, sugar, water, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in flours, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until combined.
- Put 1/3 cup of batter in each mini bundt cavity.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Drizzle glaze on cakes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together powdered sugar and enough of the orange juice to reach a drizzling consistency.