I have been posting a lot of summer veggie recipes. I just can’t stop myself! I take advantage of all this summer fresh goodness around me. I love Caprese Salad and I love roasted veggies. I combined the two and got a blue ribbon winner.
To get started, slice zucchini in half lengthwise, scooping out the seeds.
Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes.
You know those ramen noodles you lived on in college? Well, they come in useful for this dish. Break the noodles into small pieces. Boil for two minutes and drain.
Look at that melted, roasted goodness. So good!
Take advantage of the all the freshness that is available right now. There is nothing better than straight from the garden to the table goodness.
****side note: The recipe is written as roasting the zucchini for 15 minutes, filling the shells, the roasting for another 15 minutes. I did not prepare it this way, I just baked it. I made notes to roast the zucchini instead of baking it next time I prepare it.
Jody and Edna
- 3 Zucchini
- 1 package (3 oz.) ramen noodles, broken into small pieces
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise, scooping out the seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Cook ramen noodles in boiling water 2 minutes and drain.
- Place noodles in a large bowl.
- Add tomato, cheese, basil, remaining olive oil, garlic, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Divide mixture among zucchini shells.
- Roast zucchini shells an additional 15 minutes or until zucchini is browned and noodles are lightly browned.