Why do I love pancakes, oh let me count the ways!
- They are fun!
- They are for everyone!
- They are for breakfast!
- They are for dinner!
- They are cute!
- They have a holiday named after them, “National Pancake Day”.
- They are easy to make!
- They can be made into a cake!!!
How genius is it to take a pancake and turn it into a cake?!?! This is a cake that can be eaten for breakfast or dessert. Believe me when I say that we ate it at every opportunity. This is one of those recipes that you will be able to make from memory.
This is ridiciously simple to put together. Mix pancake mix and water in a bowl. In a saucepan, mix butter, sugar and syrup and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, pour the mixture in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13″ pan. Spread the pancake mix on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
Underneath that cake is the delicious syrup just waiting to be mixed in with the cake…or is a pancake?!
Jody and Edna
- 2 cups of powdered pancake mix
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the pancake mix with water according to directions on box.
- In a saucepan, mix butter, sugar, and syrup.
- Bring to a boil then immediately pour the syrup mixture in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13" pan.
- Pour the pancake mix on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.