Spring has my mind thinking of nothing but crisp, fresh salads that are covered in wonderful vinaigrettes. I am a vinaigrette girl. I have never been one for heavy dressings. A light drizzle of flavor is all I want. I want to taste everything I have tossed together in my salad. I was so pleased with this Cranberry Vinaigrette. It is perfect to toss on top of salad of greens, pepper, apples, shaved Parmesan, and nuts.
To make the dressing, combine cranberry sauce, mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir to combine and let all the ingredients get to know one another.
This is the stuff, the good stuff. The stuff you are going to cry about when it is gone.
Put a light salad together, drizzle some vinaigrette on top, and there is no looking back.
I made a salad of greens, chopped apple, chopped yellow pepper, shaved Parmesan, feta cheese, and pecans. Just a simple light, fresh salad that was popping with flavor.
I hope this salad makes an appearance on your table. If you aren’t careful, you will be drinking the vinaigrette from the serving cup!
Jody and Edna
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine cranberry sauce and mustard.
- Slowly add vinegar, whisking to combine.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking to combine.
- Add salt and pepper, whisking to combine.