The past couple of weeks I have found some amazing Florida strawberries in my grocery store. It’s early for strawberries but these were AMAZING! As I was snacking on them during my car ride home, I got a vision of muffins, lots and lots of muffins.
Muffins are best eaten during breakfast, lunch, dinner and all times in-between. One of these cuties warmed up in the mornings with a cup of coffee or tea will put a smile on your face. You will also smile during lunch, snack and dinner time! Strawberry Muffins are also perfect for baking for your sweetheart for Valentine’s Day.
This is a basic muffin recipe.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with a nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and sugar.
Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender or two knives.
In a small bowl, mix together egg, vanilla, and cream.
Add this mixture all at once to flour mixture and stir gently to combine.
Gently fold in strawberries.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
This my friends is the most delicious, moist, flavorful Strawberry Muffin you will ever experience.
The perfect muffin for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and most importantly….VALENTINE’S DAY!
Now, just a little Valentine eye candy………
Any man that tells me I look amazing in yoga pants is swoon worthy!!!!
Jody and Edna
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender or two knives.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg, vanilla and cream.
- Add this mixture all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir with a spoon just until blended.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan before removing.