It’s been COLD in Florida. I mean like, actually wearing a coat cold!!! Rare days indeed for us but so much fun. Sir Streusel was outside doing yard work in the cold and I baked us a cake….no surprise there. I have been wanting a Poppy Seed Cake and a cold day seemed like the perfect time to bake one.
To start this cake you will need to mix a yellow cake mix, a box of instant lemon pudding and poppy seeds together in a large bowl. Whisk them together and make sure everything is all friendly in the bowl.
Add water, cooking oil and eggs to the cake mixture. Mix with a hand mixer until all the lumps and bumps are gone.
Pour into a greased bundt pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes and let cook for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
Make a simple glaze of butter, lemon juice and powdered sugar and drizzle all over the cake.
Pour yourself a cup of coffee or a glass of cold milk and “treat ‘yo self”!!
It’s a light dessert that hit the spot after all the heavy holiday desserts we enjoyed.
If you don’t want to ‘bake a Bundt’, quick–say that five times real fast, bake in a 9 x 13″ pan. Either way, get that pot of coffee going and “Treat ‘Yo Self”!!!
Jody and Edna
- 1 package Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 3-oz. box instant lemon pudding
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, pudding and poppy seeds.
- Add water, cooking oil and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased Bundt pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes.
- Cool for 25-30 minutes before inverting cake onto cake plate.
- Mix melted butter and lemon juice.
- Stir in powdered sugar until mixture is runny.
- Drizzle over cake.