Ok people, the holidays are over. I hated to see it end. I was in such a funk taking down the decorations. All good things must come to an end, even the delicious holiday food. By Christmas day, I had all the feels of Christmas food indulging. I looked something like this…..
Are you ready for something light? Something low-fat? Something that won’t make it impossible to snap your jeans? Something that won’t cause that muffin top to expand to a cinnamon roll? I think we all are. I made this slaw and it was gone in a blink of an eye. Everyone was ready for a little low-fat goodness.
Buy a bag of coleslaw. Chop a poblano pepper, jalapeno pepper, red and yelow bell pepper, and mince a little garlic. For the dressing, whisk rice wine vinegar, olive oil, a little sugar, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the slaw and that’s it!
It’s almost to beautiful to eat, almost. We certainly had no problem finishing the entire bowl. There is just something about a cold, crunchy salad that is so dang good.
If you are like us, you need a little fresh crunchy goodness. This coleslaw will certainly fulfill that need!
Jody and Edna
- 1 (10 oz.) bag coleslaw
- 1 carrot—grated
- 1 poblano pepper-seeded and chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ jalapeno-seeded and finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic-minced
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw, carrots, poblano, bell peppers, and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, tossing to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.