Sir Streusel travels every week and rarely has time to enjoy the city he is working. This past week he had a free night and he found this beautiful jewel…….
This man knows me like a book. This teacup brought such a big smile to my face. Although I LOVE this cup, it was the fact that he had a rare free night and he chose to spend it shopping for me a new teacup. I wish you could see this cup in person. It is just exquisite. Sir Streusel told me that he must have looked at 100 teacups before he decided on this one.
I love the flowers inside the cup as well as the gold trim. He knows I love gold trimmed teacups, he is a rare breed that actually listens. I know I gush a lot about Sir Streusel, but he is worthy of gushing!
My family is a family of appetizers. When I am blessed to feed any of my punks, appetizers better appear before the meal. My Ballerina Baby is home and I prepared this Popper Dip to rave reviews. Sir Streusel shared that this dip is his new favorite appetizer.
It is a combination of mascarpone, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. I mean, come on people, three cheeses!!!
It also has diced jalapenos and chopped onions mixed into the cheeses and topped with panko, Parmesan( a fourth cheese!!!) and melted butter.
Look at that, all melted and gooey hot goodness. Is your mouth watering?
Now your mouth is watering!
Put this dip on your appetizer rotation list. The panko topping gives it an added crunch that is the perfect compliment to the cheesy dip.
You can serve this with crackers, crusty bread, carrots, celery, bell peppers, etc.
Get poppin’ with this Popper Dip!
Jody and Edna
- 6 jalapenos
- 1 onion-chopped
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 1 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Slice one jalapeno into thin rounds for garnishing.
- Seed and dice remaining jalapenos.
- In a large bowl, combine mascarpone, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, chopped onion, and diced jalapenos.
- Spread mixture into a prepared 1 quart baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine Parmesan, panko and melted butter.
- Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over the dip.
- Garnish with sliced jalapenos.
- Bake 30 minutes or until dip is bubbly.
- Serve with crackers, crusty bread, carrots, celery, bell peppers, etc.