I have been seeing this pie float around the web…a lot. The more I saw it, the more my mouth watered.
As Sir Streusel and I were recovering from our “Zombie” state, you can read about that here, I thought we deserved a treat. I had peaches in the freezer and a pie crust in the fridge. This baby was going to happen!
I stacked two pie crusts and rolled them to fit my baking pan. Use whatever size you want, just roll to fit your pan. I used a 15″ x 10″ pan. In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, corn starch, lemon juice and cinnamon together. Add the peaches and mix until everyone in the bowl gets acquainted. Spread peach mixture on top of the crust.
**ALERT ALERT ALERT** I was in a “Zombie” state of mind and forgot to add my cinnamon.
After I crumbled ready made sugar cookie dough, you know the one, the one that comes in a large fat cylinder and you love to eat raw, I sprinkled my cinnamon on before I popped it in Edna. Your Peach Slab Pie won’t look like someone dropped dirt on top of it. Your cinnamon will be mixed in with the peaches and will look beautiful.
Whether the cinnamon is mixed in with the peaches or whether the cinnamon is sprinkled on top, this was GREAT!!
Part cobbler, part pie. This pie is very light, not heavy at all. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. Bad because it is light and you can easily eat two pieces!!!
I cut this piece for Sir Streusel while it was still warm. While I am setting this picture I hear in the background, “Baby Love, I am ready for my pie!” Poor guy, it can be frustrating waiting for a food blogger to get the ‘right shot’!
When you bake this, don’t be in a “Zombie” state of mind. Add your cinnamon to the peaches and your pie will be gorgeous!!
Jody and Edna
**Recipe inspired from Pillsbury
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- I tablespoon cinnamon
- 9 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed and drained (from four 10-oz bags)
- ½ roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove pie crust from pouches and bring to room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts.
- Roll to 17 x 12 rectangle.
- Place crust into an ungreased pan, pressing into the corners.
- Press into the corners.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Stir in peaches to coat.
- Spoon mixture into crust-lined pan.
- Break cookie dough in half and crumble half of dough randomly on top of peaches.
- Bake 55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on rack 40-45 minutes.