We spent one day this past weekend at Sweet Mama’s house canning figs. You can read all about that here. There are lots of videos of Sweet Mama and Daddy and of course the lead canner “Sir Streusel”. I took soup and dessert over as I knew the kitchen would be off limits for cooking. Sweet Mama loves strawberries. Anything that has strawberries in it, she will eat it and she will love it! This is the dessert I took over for all of us to enjoy, but mostly for Sweet Mama, I’m nice like that.
I made this on Friday and it made the trip just fine in a cooler. It starts with a simple graham cracker crust.
On top of the strawberries comes a layer of cream cheese, confectioner sugar and cool whip. Don’t resist the urge to lick the spoon as well as the bowl…..because it’s dang good.
At this point, you will need to forgive me for not getting a picture of the cream cheese layer. I was too busy licking the spoon and bowl. No regrets, it was gooood.
But I do have a slightly disturbing picture of a creepy strawberry with big lips and skinny legs for you.
You need this, you want this, you want this bad. It’s no-bake!!!!! I love when my readers send me pictures of the recipes they have cooked and baked. It makes me do cartwheels, seriously, cartwheels. I hope to see lots of pictures of this dessert on “Adventures with Edna” Facebook page! If you haven’t like our page, please do and invite your friends! I will love you even more!
Jody and Edna
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 3.4-ounce package Strawberry Instant Crème Pudding
- 4-ounces strawberry cream cheese
- ½ cup confectioner sugar
- 1 8-ounce tub Cool Whip
- Set 4-5 strawberries to the side for topping decoration
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and stir until thoroughly mixed together.
- Press graham cracker mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Place pan in freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a second medium bowl, mix the 1 ½ cups of milk with the Strawberry Instant Crème Pudding. Do not use 2 cups of milk as stated on the pudding box. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Mix the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar into a mixing bowl. Cream until soft and combined.
- Fold 1 cup of the cool whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and completely cover with a single layer of sliced strawberries.
- Place spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture on top of the sliced strawberries and spread until covered.
- Spread the pudding on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Decorate with strawberries.
- Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours before serving.