Once a month the ladies in my Sunday School Class have Ladies Night Out. We go to a restaurant, eat, laugh and eat dessert. Edna and I take the dessert. Edna’s nice about taking care of the Ladies of the FOLD. It was National Selfie Day so of course we had to participate.
You can’t imagine how many shots it took to get one shot of everyone in the picture. Girlfriend isn’t good with a selfie stick……..
Edna and I baked a Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Icing. I placed it in the fridge to keep it cool and happy and did not take it out in time to bring it to room temperature. I am struggling with the middle aged ‘mush brain’, can’t remember squat!! So we ate cold cake with cold buttercream. The upside is, I didn’t bring a crumb of it home. The Ladies of the FOLD will eat anything!
This Berry Tart is super easy to make with store bought puff pastry. That’s half the battle right there. The blueberries are peaking and I am baking with them every day. This dessert isn’t super sweet, so you know what that means…..you can eat MORE!
Put this on your Fourth of July grocery list. It comes together quickly and you can use up those berries!!
Jody and Edna
- 1 sheet rolled puff pastry
- 1 cup light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioner sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries
- extra confectioner's sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Live a baking sheet.
- Place puff pastry onto baking sheet and score a rectangle into the pastry, 1-2" inches from the edge.
- Poke the middle of the pastry with a fork.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes until risen, puffy and golden.
- Let cool completely.
- Place the cream cheese, confectioner sugar and vanilla into a medium bowl and beat until light and fluffy. 1-2 minutes.
- Pour cream cheese mixture onto cooled pastry and smooth with a small spatula.
- Cover the cream cheese with fresh berries.
- Sudt with icing sugar if desired.
- Tart will keep in an airtight container, in the fridge for 2 days.
- **use blackberries or raspberries, whatever your preference.