I love my little girls. They have no idea they are dogs, I have no intentions of telling them any time soon, if ever.
I wanted to quickly give you an introduction to my two little girls. They are as different as day and night.
Paloma has always been my beauty. She poses for pictures just like a little girl. She understands every single thing I say to her. Paloma is just a great girl and a beautiful girl.
And this is my Stella, my cutie, my baby, my hot mess!
Stella has many, many faces. I am constantly asked, “What is she?” I always reply, “My little girl, a shorkie.” I find myself just looking at her and laughing. Her hair is wild and untamed. We call her ‘velcro face’ because everything sticks to her little face.
Paloma is all beauty and class, but my Stella is all hot mess and cuddle bug.
If you haven’t noticed by now, I am a fan of pasta. I know, I know, the carbs, the CARBS! I have a love/hate relationship with carbs. I love them but hate how they look on my hips.
This recipe would be filed under quick and easy. If you have time to cook a pot of pasta and 20 minutes to bake it in the oven, you can do this!All you need to make this this meal is pasta, a jar of Alfredo sauce, smoked Gouda cheese, cooked ham, and green onion. The smokey Gouda gives it that deep flavor with a creamy texture. I love creamy, smokey pasta.
This is right out of Edna, my beloved oven, sprinkled with smoked paprika.
It just all came together in the most delicious of ways. It can be a main dish or a side dish. I tossed a salad together and Sir Streusel and I had a fabulous dinner.
Ok, I have written enough for today. I have a little black hot mess whining to get in my lap and cuddle. I gotta do what I gotta do!
Ok my cuddle bug, you nap now. Mama will blog and style your hair later.
Jody and Edna
- 1 12 ounce box of pasta--(bow tie)
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups grated Gouda Cheese
- 1 ( ) jar roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups diced, cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- smoked paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium-low heat; do not bring to a boil.
- Add cheese, whisking until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Add Alfredo sauce, whisking to combine, remove from heat.
- Stir in pasta, ham, and green onion.
- Spoon pasta mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle paprika evenly over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot throughout.