I have shared with you before how much my crew loves appetizers. When I have all of my punks home, appetizers are in full swing. This is one of our favs. Creamy barbecue sauce, black beans, corn, cheeses, and sour cream all come together in the most delicious way. Plan on having a lot, I mean a lot, of chips because they won’t stop dipping until it is all gone!
In one bowl, combine chicken, black beans, corn, green onion, Monterey Jack cheese and Cheddar cheese.
In a second bowl, combine barbecue sauce, sour cream, salt, red pepper, garlic powder, and the black pepper. Stir it to mix together well.
Combine the two bowls into one bowl and spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with more cheese. Okay, you must know at this points I am clapping my hands and smacking my lips with all of the cheese involved! Bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
I had to stop this little punk of mine long enough to snap a picture. Sometimes, they are not in favor of my blogging when they are clearly ready to dig in!
Make this soon. It is so easy and so flavorful. It is everything you want in a dip and more.
Just make sure you have plenty of chips!!
Jody and Edna
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce, hickory flavored
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3.4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, black beans, corn, green onion, 2 cups Montery Jack cheese, and 2 cups Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine barbecue sauce, sour cream, salt, red pepper, black pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Combine the chicken bowl into the sauce bowl. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated throughout.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- *rotisserie chicken can be used