I made these tots as a side dish for these pork chops I prepared last week for dinner. These tots were just too good not to share with you. I want you to enjoy them as much as we did. I mean really, who doesn’t love a good tot!! They were the perfect accompaniment for the chops.
I prepared these tots in my cast iron skillet, no surprise there, I am a cast iron girl. Just make sure you use an oven proof skillet. Prepare your skillet with a non-stick spray and place tots in skillet. Bake in oven preheated to 425 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, turning tots over halfway through baking.
Remove from oven and cover with chopped, cooked bacon and mozzarella cheese.
Put skillet back in oven for about five minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
This side dish hit the spot. Wonderful flavor to accompany the Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops.
I don’t know what I would do without my cast iron. We all have our favorite pieces of cookware. Mine will always be my cast iron. It has served many, many meals to my family. My punks are already squalling over who inherits the cast iron collection when “I no longer need it.” Hey punks, I’m still here!!!
I hope you bake these tots. Tots make dinner a happier meal. Tots are cute. Tots are funny. Tots are just dang good!
Jody and Edna
*recipe slightly adapted from Paula Deen
- 1 20 ounce bag frozen sweet potato tots
- 6-8 slices of cooked, chopped bacon
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray an oven safe skillet with non-stick spray.
- Place tots in prepared skillet and put in oven for approximately 20 minutes, turning over halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle cooked, chopped bacon and shredded mozzarella cheese over tots. Place back in oven for 5 minutes, just long enough to melt cheese.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Top servings with sour cream (optional)
- Serve immediately.