I love Snickerdoodle cookies. I mean, really love them. So I thought how wonderful it would be to make a bar out of this goodness so I could get a big thick bite all at one time. It worked. I killed it!! All that sugar and cinnamon at one time….aaahhhh, heaven. Sir Streusel ate 5, 6 maybe 8 bars. I don’t know, I lost count. But then again, he never has to worry about pulling out his ‘fat’ pants. You know those pants. The ones we all have tucked away in our closet that we pull on when we are getting in our serious eating groove? I may or may not have two pair. Did I mention that these bars have white chocolate in them? Just another little bonus to enjoy and reason to possibly pull out those ‘special’ pants
In a large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly beat in flour.
Slowly add in butter and white chocolate that has been melted together.
Stir by hand until it is all combined and looking pretty and smooth.
Pour half of batter into prepared baking pan.
Sprinkle half of a mixture of sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon on top.
Pour last half of batter on top of sugar topping.
Bake for 20-25 minutes and sprinkle remaining half of sugar mixture on top. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
And this is what you get! A little snicker plus a little doodle gives you a delicious Snickerdoodle Bar. Just a little hint. As soon as these babies come out of the oven, have a glass of milk ready and dig in while they are warm. Then do the walk of shame to your closet and pull on those ‘special’ pants. No one will judge. It will be worth every bite!
A word of thought I keep close to my heart, “I don’t ever want to look back in my life and think I could have eaten that.”
Jody and Edna
- 1 ½ cups butter
- 2 (4 oz.) bars white chopped chocolate
- 1 ¼ cups sugar, divided
- 1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine butter and white chocolate. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour until combined.
- Add butter mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup sugar, remaining ¼ cup brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of mixture over batter in pan.
- Top with remaining batter, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture, and bake 10 minutes more.