Sometimes the best dinner is breakfast. I don’t mean dinner at breakfast time, that would be crazy right? I mean breakfast food at dinner time! It seems every time I serve breakfast for dinner we say, “Why don’t we do this more often?” I mean, is there a law somewhere that says breakfast foods may not be served at any time other than breakfast?? Not in my world. Seriously, this Quiche has bacon and cheese in it. That alone qualifies it to be served at any meal during the day. This Quiche can be prepared in a deep dish pie plate or a tart tin. It fluffs up so pretty with the bacon and cheese peeking out.
First things first, cook onion in butter until really deep brown and gorgeous in color. I was about halfway through the cooking process of these babies. Total time was about 20 minutes.
Oh be still my heart…..BACON! Fry the bacon stopping right before it gets crisp. It needs to be a little chewy. It’s so beautiful, excuse me….I feel a tear coming on.
Whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a big ‘ole bowl. Then throw in the onions, bacon and cheese and stir them all together. Bacon and cheese are just meant to go together. I am sure some prom dates were made in this bowl.
Be like me, be a rebel. Go against the normal. Stand out in a crowd. Be that person that other people think “Wow, she really does her own thing without caring what others think!” Yea, I am a HUGE rebel, HUGE I tell ya!!! I serve breakfast for dinner. I even baked biscuits and fried up a side of bacon for us. I don’t think you can ever have too much bacon on the table. I like to walk on the wild side. Oh yea, before I forget, you can also serve this for breakfast……
Jody and Edna
- 1 unbaked Pie Crust
- 1 onion-thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 slices of bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Sal and Pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the sliced onions in butter in a large skillet until deep brown. About 20-25 minutes.
- Fry bacon until chewy. Don't let it get crispy.
- Press pie crusts into a deep dish pie plate that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Add onions, bacon and cheese to mixture stirring until combined.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Cover crust edges with foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let set for 10 minutes before cooking.