Well, I survived the three birthday’s of my punks last week. By surviving, I mean not being with any of them. I will never get use to that, never. I still need to be baking whatever their little heart’s desires and singing “Happy Birthday” to them all….day….long…..they have dreaded memories of my singing. They all assured me that they wanted to be with me and wanted something that Mama baked. Well, at least that is what they said and that is what I choose to believe. Since I couldn’t bake the desire of their heart, I baked the desire of Sir Streusel’s heart, cobbler. This has to be hands down the easiest cobbler EVER! The blackberries come out of Edna, my beloved oven, in the most wonderful, delicious syrupy goodness. The topping is a buttery crunch that is perfect for the blackberries. It is the perfect ratio of crunch and blackberry gooeyness (Is that a word?).
Promise me that you will meet someone’s heart’s desire with this baby. You only need lemon juice, egg, flour, sugar, and blackberries. That’s it, nothing fancy, nothing that you probably don’t already have. Make it, bake it, eat it! Oh yea, don’t forget the ice cream!
Jody and Edna
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 4 cups blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place blackberries in a greased 8” x 8” pan.
- Drizzle lemon juice over berries.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, sugar and all-purpose flour. It will be a course crumble.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture evenly over berries.
- Drizzle the melted butter over top of crumble.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.