Oh….my…..word! This dish is knock your socks off good! It’s like crazy good man! It’s like an explosion in your mouth good! It’s like don’t get in my way until I have licked my plate clean!! Okay, have I gotten you excited by this dish? The first thing that should excite you is that you use your slow cooker. Seriously, I love putting food in my slow cooker, coming back 4 or 5 hours later and dinner is DONE! Edna, my beloved oven, gets a break and I do too. I served the chicken over rice as Sir Streusel is a rice fanatic. It could be served in a sandwich or in a wrap sandwich. There are countless ways to use the chicken, but I would suggest just getting it in your mouth ASAP.
Grab your slow cooker, I know you have chicken in your freezer, and get that baby going on low heat. While you have some free time, dance, sing, give yourself a pedicure, practice that rap you have been secretly working on or be real adventurous and take a nap.
Get this on your table ASAP. Your family will think you have been slaving all day in the kitchen!
Jody and Edna
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup blackberry jam
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sliced scallions—garnish
- Sesame Seeds—garnish
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker so as not to overlap.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together: honey, soy sauce, blackberry jam, hoisin, olive oil, garlic, onion and crushed red [pepper flakes.
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on low for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Remove the chicken for the slow cooker, reserving the liquids, and place on a cutting board. Shred chicken. Put chicken in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cold water.
- Take the liquids from the slow cooker and put into a small saucepan. Set over medium-high heat and whisk in the slurry.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and cook it until it reduces and thickens slightly.
- Pour sauce over the chicken, tossing to combine.
- Serve the chicken topped with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
- ***I served the chicken over hot rice.