February is here….the LOVE month! I love baking ‘LOVE’ food. Everything gets turned into little hearts and covered in sprinkles, oh my I love sprinkles! It’s also the month that our food is red: Valentine red, heart red, flushed face red, just plain old red. Let’s see if this cobbler meets all the requirements for a Valentine dessert: it’s red–check, it’s sweet–check, it’s delicious–check, it’s sweet–check, it’s so easy it’s embarrassing–check. The entire list was checked off for a perfect quick Valentine Dessert. My Valentine happens to love fruit desserts so I know this will show up for sure on our Sweetheart table. Of course I will have to make myself something that involves chocolate.
Seriously, this is all you do:
Place butter in an 8×8 glass baking pan.
Place pan in oven to melt butter.
Can’t get much easier than this. Bake this for your sweetie, your sweetie will be your Valentine forever!
Jody and Eric
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place butter in an 8x8 glass baking pan.
- Place pan in oven to melt butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Mix well with a wire whisk.
- Pour over melted butter, DO NOT STIR.
- Spoon pie filling on top of batter, DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approximately an hour.
- Serve warm.