As I have mentioned before, I am a born and bred Mississippi gal. We Mississippians like to call home the ‘Sip’. My sweet Mama and Daddy always have and always will live in the ‘Sip. My punks LOVE their Memaw and Papa Gene. When they were little, they were completely in love with them. Going to “Sippissippi” (as my small punks called it) was better than Disney World. My daddy was like Daniel Boone to my boys. He would take them hunting, fishing, teach them how to work with tools in the workshop, and search for arrow heads in the woods. To this day, when the punks come home, we make the two and a half hour drive to Mama and Daddy’s house. They wouldn’t think about going home without seeing them.
A great meal is always, always enjoyed around the table at Mama’s. She cooks the favorite dish of every single person around the table. She never disappoints. It is always delicious. The best country food anywhere!
She bakes the best Strawberry Cake I have ever tasted. Eric loves it, he adores it, he obsesses with it, and he won’t share it! Mama bakes this cake twice a year. Once for Eric on Christmas, and again on his birthday. The rest of us are lucky if we get to lick the plate. And again, please remember, Sir Streusel never…gains…an…ounce. Makes me so aggravated, it really is an issue.
I am sure you have heard the expression “Made with a Mother’s love.” This cake raises the bar of the expression I use “Baked with Sweet Mama’s love.” Print this recipe, share it to your Facebook, or pin it to your Pinterest account. This would make a wonderful Valentine’s Day Cake for your sweetie!
Jody and Edna
***Edna and I love when you share our posts on your facebook page. We are trying to grow and the ‘sharing’ helps so much. If you are not following us on Facebook, click the ‘like’ button on Adventures with Edna facebook page. You will be informed of all the goodness that is happening in our adventures!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 3oz. box strawberry jello
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped frozen strawberries
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 box of confectioners' sugar.
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour three (9-inch) pans
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients with a hand mixer. Mix on low speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time increasing the speed to medium after all of the eggs have been added.
- Add chopped frozen strawberries, then the flaked coconut, and finally chopped pecans, beating after each addition.
- Pour into the three prepared pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-7 minutes and then remove from pans onto cooling wire rack.
- In a large bowl, mix one stick of softened butter with one box of confectioner sugar with hand mixer on low speed.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped frozen strawberries and mix just until combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans and mix just until combined. Lastly, add coconut amd mix until al combined