Last week, I had one of my punks home for Thanksgiving. He is the oldest by five minutes. He makes a great only child. He never complains, goes with the flow, helps in the kitchen, is better in the kitchen than I am, and even cleans up the kitchen! I tried to convince him to move back home and actually move back into his old bedroom, but he didn’t think that would be a good idea. Imagine that! I prepared this Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta for his first night at home. He texted me for the recipe and I told him it was going to be on the blog. So apparently, this dish is a pleaser. One thing I forgot to do was add the Panko Crumbs on top. I was so excited when he walked through the door that I just shoved the dish into the oven. Add the Panko, don’t be like me. It gives it just a little texture and crunch. Oh we still ate the pasta, we weren’t going to let a little absence of Panko crumbs stop us from cramming our face full of this creamy wonderful bit of happiness. But next time, I will add the crunch and we will stuff our faces even faster, wait, I don’t think that is possible. Enjoy!!
Let this be a new friend on your table soon!
- 12 oz. penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- Panko crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- In a medium pot over medium low heat, heat cream cheese until melted.
- Add heavy cream and stir until combined and smooth.
- Add Dijon mustard and stir to combine.
- Add onion powder and garlic salt and stir to combine to cream mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese until melted and smooth.
- In a greased 13 x 9 baking dish, layer: pasta, chicken and ham.
- Pour sauce over top.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and Panko crumbs over top of dish.
- Bake on middle shelf, 25-30 minutes or until heated throughout.