Don’t you love one pan dinners? Just put everything on a sheet pan, shove it in the oven, pull it out a little later and….dinner! I don’t know of anyone that doesn’t like roasted chicken. I had some chicken thighs in the freezer and potatoes in the pantry. It was pretty obvious what I was going to put in front of Sir Streusel for dinner. I whisked up some dressing to toss the chicken and potatoes with to make it even more spectacular. Threw some rosemary, my favorite herb, on the pan and shoved that baby in the oven. 40 minutes later, Sir Streusel was grunting and licking his fingers. WIN!! Join me in the love of sheet pan dinners and we all WIN!
Just a little note to let you know that the lemon in the front is not sick, that is the lemon I zested and will juice later for the dressing. Just wanted to share that the lemon wasn’t suffering from a virus.
So get your chicken thighs and potatoes, throw them on a sheet pan, then start grunting and licking your fingers.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons-1 zested and juiced (about 3-4 tablespoons), 1 thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2lbs. small potatoes, ust into small cubes
- 1 1/2lbs. chicken thighs with bones and skin
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon zest and juice, mustard and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Toss the potatoes, chicken and sliced lemon with the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Arrange the mixture on the baking sheet, with the skin side up on the baking sheet, in a single layer. Place the rosemary around the chicken.
- Place in preheated oven for 20 minutes, turn potatoes once, roast another 20 minutes or until chicken is brown, tender, and cooked through. About 40-45 minutes.