I love meals I can throw in a pot, walk away, dance a little bit to Tom Jones, play with my girls, paint my nails, groove a little bit more to Tommy, walk back to my stove, and dinner is done. That is living!!!
This meal requires very little prep time (insert happy face) and just layering the ingredients in a big ‘ole pot. The pork chops and potatoes soak up the cider so that every single bite is full of flavor. Love it! So go get your chops, get your groovin’ jam playin’, grab a big ‘ole pot, and start layerin’.
**** I allowed the Mississippi girl in me to come out on that last sentence.
So pretty, so good, so tender, so perfect!!! Start picking out your jam music now and get layering!
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 pork chops
- 2 cups apple cider
- Rosemary sprigs
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large Dutch oven, layer: 1/2 of onions, 1/2 of potatoes on top of onions. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Repeat layering onions and potatoes until all are used.
- Pour cider in Dutch oven.
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, a pinch of garlic powder, and place on top of the onions and potatoes.
- Top with rosemary sprigs.
- Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
- Double or triple recipe as needed for servings.