We almost always have chicken in our freezer. Almost. Always. Almost always. Always almost. Ok, I think we chased that chicken long enough. I love a quick way to get a piece of chicken on the table. This has a light glaze, not a thick gravy, of delicious flavor that coats the chicken. The glaze is a little sweet, a little tangy. I don’t have proof, but I have heard that I may have been described this way. The key to this recipe is to just brown the chicken in the skillet, don’t kill it. Then finish baking in the oven just until cooked throughout. We don’t want the chicken to have a second death. We also don’t want anyone choking on the chicken at your table. I served my Tomatoes and Onions with Vinaigrette as a side dish. Oh boy oh boy, what a great meal! Sir Streusel gobbled it up. Your pantry should have most of the ingredients stocked, so no excuses. Get glazing!!
This will become a standby dish as you will more than likely always have these ingredients on hand. Almost always. Almost. Always. Always almost. Wait, we’ve already done this. Start glazing!!
slightly adapted from http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/balsamic-garlic-chicken-breasts
- 2 boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all purpose (salt free) seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and all purpose seasoning
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add Chicken to heated skillet and cook 3 minutes on each side, just until browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place on baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- While chicken is baking in oven, Add chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and honey to skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add baked chicken back to skillet and cover with glaze.
- Plate chicken covered with glaze.
- This serving is for 2 people. Double or triple as needed.