Sir Streusel and I have a little small backyard garden that produces some of the best tomatoes to ever grace your taste buds. I make this dish a lot for the two of us during the summer using those decadent tomatoes. I continue to make it throughout the year using store bought tomatoes, it’s just that good. We enjoy sitting on our porch with toasted french bread that has been slathered in olive oil and garlic then pile it high with this deliciousness. Or we just sit like two pigs, each with a fork, and eat it right off the serving plate. We have no shame. Whether it is home grown garden tomatoes or store bought tomatoes, this is just a great little dish to sit and enjoy.
That’s it! Toast some French Bread that has been slathered in Olive Oil and Garlic and start piling on this goodness. Or you can just grab a fork. There will be no judgement from me.
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced olives, drained
- Arrange tomatoes and onion on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and oregano.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over tomatoes and onions.
- Top with feta and olives.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Can be served plain or over toasted french bread that has been brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic.